PRODUCT DEVELOPER - FLY FISHING TACKLE
Are you triggered by the idea of creating tomorrow's fly-fishing tackle for one of Scandinavia's strongest fly-fishing brands?
At Guideline, we will inspire and give people the best fly-fishing experience. Our motto: "it's all about the experience" is not just about the experience by the water but also our combined knowledge and experience from developing fly tackle for more than 30 years. Innovation is a guiding star for us when it comes to drive and further develop angling as a hobby.
We are growing and need to strengthen our product development team. Therefore, we are looking for an innovative and driven colleague to join our journey focusing on rods, lines and reels. The position implies work within wide spectrum of fly-fishing covering most of the species, which can be caught on fly. This means everything from the light fishing with nymphs to the heavy salmon fishing.
We are searching for the right person who can´t wait to create tomorrows fly-fishing tackle. You will drive different projects from idea to final product with full commitment and dedication. Your work will be central for us to reach our eco vision, «Clean all the way». At the same time, without compromising the optimal function of the products, to give our anglers the best possible fishing experience.
The position will be a part of our product development team, which consist of five persons today and you will report directly to our Chief Product Manager who has a long and outstanding experience in the field.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to characterize your own workday and develop tomorrow's fishing tackle together with passionate colleagues.
- You will run development projects from idea to finished product, in line with our process for product development (PSMD-process).
- Coordinate all communication with the factory throughout the development process to ensure the right choice of materials, components, cost price, production technology, quality and lead times.
- Develop BOM lists to contribute in streamlining our purchase of raw materials to ensure accurate calculation of material and component of finished product.
- Critically review and negotiate cost prices vs target price points for all prototypes.
- Work closely with Purchasing- and Sales dept. to ensure prices, volumes, delivery precision and quality.
- Frame documentation for quality control of products both during and after production as well as goods arrived in our warehouse.
- Actively sourcing new, innovative materials and components. Find and examine new manufacturing processes and implement these in our PSMD-process.
- Actively involve our Guideline Ambassadors and employees with their special expertise in defined P&D projects.
- Take lead in the work with Eco-Vision; «Clean all the way» and value chain from the environmental perspective.
- Develop smart and environmental friendly packaging design together with our graphic designer.
- Insight in market and end consumer trends as that form the foundation for development of products of tomorrow.
- Actively participate and contribute in launching new products.
- Keep up to date with industry, professional development and trends.
- Relevant and suitable education is an advantage for the position, but exceptions could be taken in to account for the right candidate.
- +3 years’ experience and track record in industrial design and product development.
- Experience in project management.
- The ability to independently run and drive development projects.
- Experience from negotiating with suppliers is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Norwegian or Swedish.
- Graphics design skills.
- Observant about details.
- You have a proven mind-set regarding sustainable product development.
Desired Software knowledge:
- Microsoft Office, CAD, InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, PLM system.
- Creative and conceptive.
- Curious and willing to learn.
- Goal oriented, structured, accurate and detail-oriented.
- Experience from Asian business culture. Humble, but consistent.
- The ability and capacity to create good long-term relationships.
- A team-player who engages and draws on the knowledge and experiences of others.
- Independent and problem solving mind-set with good execution capability.
- Stress resistant and able to work towards and keep deadlines.
- Dedicated to fly fishing and outdoor activities.
- Competitive terms and conditions.
- Exciting challenges for one of Scandinavia's strongest fly-fishing brands.
- Good working environment across our offices in Norway and Sweden.
- Skillful colleagues with a passion for fly fishing and outdoor activities.
- Able to control and plan your own working day most of the time.
- Work in a growing business, where your efforts will be important for future success.
- Offices in Oslo, Norway or in Gothenburg, Sweden.
In this process we cooperate with the company OMNISTAFF, so if this sounds like the job of your dreams, please visit www.omnistaff.se and the headline Available positions and apply with CV and personal letter. For questions about the position, please send an e-mail to Mattias Olsson at or call on telephone number: +46 707 922 955
We will evaluate applications on a current basis. Therefore, do not hesitate to apply immediately if you are interested in the position. Last day to apply: 2021-10-31
We also recommend you to visit this link as an appetizer:
Guideline Building Blocks: